Meghan and Harry has response to Trump tweet about not paying for their security in Los Angeles.
However, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources… Privately funded security arrangements have been made.” said Spokesperson for Meghan and Harry
Markle and Harry have been staying in a secluded compound and have stuck close to home during the coronavirus pandemic. It’s unclear when the couple made the move.
According to Donald Trump, on March 29, said that the United States would not pay security costs for Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, appearing to confirm that the royal couple have moved to live in California.
They reportedly flew by private jet from Canada to Los Angeles before the border between the two countries closed because of the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
The couple, who had been living in Canada for some months, rocked the royal family earlier this year with their decision to no longer represent the British monarchy as a senior royal and to pursue a new, independent life.
“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom,” Trump tweeted.
“It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
Meghan grew up in Los Angeles and her mother, Doria Ragland, still lives in the city.
The one-time actress has a network of friends and work contacts in Los Angeles, where she could now restart her career.
Disney announced that she will narrate a new film about a family of African elephants.
Harry was reportedly caught in a hoax telephone call recently in which he attacked Trump for his stance on climate change.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex formally step back from royal duties on March 31.